This is an outstanding school. • Pupils make outstanding progress and leave school with very high standards in a wide range of subjects.
• The most able pupils reach remarkably high standards for their age. • Disabled pupils and those with special educational needs do equally as well as others. • Much of the teaching is outstanding.
Teachers and teaching assistants take every opportunity to develop pupils' basic skills. • Teachers plan topics that teach pupils to be curious, independent and to develop a love of learning. • Pupils' behaviour is outstanding and they have impeccable manners.
• In lessons, pupils concentrate and work hard for long periods.... They respond immediately to their teachers' instructions. • Pupils feel exceptionally safe at school, and have an excellent knowledge of how to keep themselves safe.
• The school is going from strength to strength under the very strong leadership of the headteacher and governors. • The headteacher is an outstanding role model, both as a leader and a teacher. • Leaders at all levels, including governors, are quick to identify and act on any emerging weaknesses.
• Actions to improve teaching are concerted and highly successful, so standards continue to rise.
Information about this school
• The school is similar in size to most other primary schools, but with considerably more boys than girls than is seen nationally. • Almost all pupils are from a White British background, with others coming from a wide range of different ethnic groups.
Almost all speak English as their first language. • The proportion of disabled pupils and those who have special educational needs supported through school action is below average. The proportion supported at school action plus or with a statement of special educational needs is average.
• Few pupils are known to be eligible for the pupil premium. This is additional funding for specific groups of pupils, such as children looked after by the local authority and pupils known to be eligible for free school meals. • The headteacher is a local leader of education and has provided support for schools in the Black Country.