Moseley Park

What is this page?

We are, a schools information website. This page is one of our school directory pages. This is not the website of Moseley Park.

What is Locrating?

Locrating is the UK's most popular and trusted school guide; it allows you to view inspection reports, admissions data, exam results, catchment areas, league tables, school reviews, neighbourhood information, carry out school comparisons and much more. Below is some useful summary information regarding Moseley Park.

To see all our data you need to click the blue button at the bottom of this page to view Moseley Park on our interactive map.

About Moseley Park

Name Moseley Park
Ofsted Inspections
Executive Headteacher Mrs Georgetta Holloway
Address Holland Road, Bilston, WV14 6LU
Phone Number 01902553901
Phase Academy
Type Academy sponsor led
Age Range 11-18
Religious Character None
Gender Mixed
Number of Pupils 1092 (50.7% boys 49.3% girls)
Number of Pupils per Teacher 13.5
Academy Sponsor Central Learning Partnership Trust
Local Authority Wolverhampton
Highlights from Latest Inspection

Summary of key findings for parents and pupils

This is an outstanding school The uncompromising leadership of the executive headteacher and her senior leaders has created a culture which is highly aspirational. Staff, pupils and governors are ambitious and committed to ensuring that the school provides an excellent education.

Governors and the trust are exacting in their pursuit of excellence. They use their knowledge of the school and expertise to challenge and support leaders. For the last three years, progress in all years and in GCSE results has exceeded that seen nationally.

In 2016, pupils' GCSE progress was again higher than the national average in many subjects, including English and mathematics. D...isadvantaged pupils, the most able and those who have special educational needs and/or disabilities also do very well because teaching meets their individual needs precisely. Teachers use their expert subject knowledge to plan exciting activities that motivate and enthuse pupils to do their very best.

Teachers' skilful use of questioning and clear explanations are highly effective in helping pupils to master challenging concepts. Pupils' behaviour and attitudes to learning are exemplary. They are rightly proud of their school and are unfailingly polite and welcoming to visitors.

Pupils firmly reject all forms of discrimination. They celebrate diversity and are kind and thoughtful to others. As a result, pupils in the school are very well prepared for life in modern Britain.

There is a strong culture of safeguarding in the school. The warm and nurturing climate enables all pupils to feel safe and to flourish. Students in the sixth form make substantial and sustained progress as a result of the highly effective teaching they receive.

They play a leading role in the life of the school and are exceptionally well prepared for their next steps. Leaders are aware that for some pupils in key stage 4, their careers guidance is not always clear enough or sufficiently explicit for these pupils to make fully informed decisions. Leaders are taking effective action to address this.

Information about this school

The school does not comply with Department for Education guidance on what academies should publish regarding an evaluation of Year 7 catch-up funding. Moseley Park is a smaller-than-average-sized comprehensive school. Around 60% of the pupils are of White British heritage, while the remaining 40% represent a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds.

The proportion of pupils supported by the pupil premium is higher than the national average. The proportion of pupils who have special educational needs and/or disabilities is also higher than the national average. The school does not use any alternative provision.

The school meets the government's current floor standards, which set the minimum expectations for pupils' attainment and progress. The sixth form is shared with Heath Park Academy with lessons on both sites. Since the previous inspection, the school appointed the deputy headteacher to head of school in 2015.

  Compare to
nearby schools